#14 Party Planning, Beauty Products, 30A Florida Travel Guide
Best Ice Cream Shops
I hope you are having a great summer! This week’s newsletter includes resources and tips for entertaining. Find out some of my favorite online party supply stores, cookbooks for entertaining, and tips for event planning. I have some great suggestions for gatherings outside the home including an ice cream social!
This edition also includes my top hot spots in 30 A Florida plus tips, recipes, and more fun stuff!
Please feel free to comment if you have any questions, responses, brilliant ideas, or you feel like sharing a favorite recipe, restaurant, or anything else. You can also email me: email@example.com.
You can always access the archives here, including the travel guides. I have linked many resources for you. Click on the highlighted green text to access the link.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. If you've found your way over but are not yet subscribed, let me help you with that:
The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand: This heartwarming story delivers an immensely satisfying page-turner in this tale about a summer of scandal at a storied Nantucket hotel.
Building a Second Brain: A Proven Method to Organize Your Digital Life and Unlock Your Creative Potential by Tiago Forte: The productivity expert outlines strategies for managing and making better use of the overwhelming amount of content we absorb daily. Learn how to save your ideas, organize your learning, and dramatically expand your creative output with digital notetaking.
The Black Phone: The Black Phone chronicles a suspenseful tale of The Grabber, a child killer who snatches teen boys in broad daylight never to be seen again. When Finney (Mason Thames) becomes the next captive, held in a soundproof basement, he begins to receive phone calls from The Grabber’s previous victims through a disconnected landline.
Southern Charm Season 8 (Bravo): The beloved reality series which follows a group of friends in Charleston, South Carolina is back for its eighth season, with former star Naomie Olindo returning after a season hiatus.
Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis: Elvis explores the life and music of Elvis Presley, starring Austin Butler and Tom Hanks.
Downton Abbey: A New Era (Peacock Premium): The Crawley family goes on a grand journey to the South of France to uncover the mystery of the dowager countess's newly inherited villa.
Barry Season 3 (HBO): Bill Hader’s Hollywood hit-man gets even darker and more complex. The stakes feel even higher in the new season, with a reason for serious concern not just for the lives of every character in Barry’s circle, but their souls.
QR Me App: QR codes can be used for more than just reading menus and marketing campaigns like sharing your contact info with another smartphone user.
Young Adult Life Skills List: Download this list of what to teach your teenager before they leave for college.
All the Hacks Podcast Ep. 62 Protect Your Family, Mitigate Taxes and Preserve Your Wealth: Estate Planning experts discuss all the fundamentals of estate planning and what you need to do to protect yourself and your family.
Taylor Swift’s song Carolina for SONY’s upcoming Where the Crawdads Sing.
iPhone Photo Show All about Video: How to get the most out of your iPhone, and editing in iOS: Learn how to get pro video results on the iPhone.
MADmade with Madison Lecroy: Southern Charm’s Madison Lecroy and her trainer released a 6 week workout program.
Nothing says summer more than homemade ice cream. I love the old-fashioned ice cream makers, but they require salt and ice. I use this Ice Cream Maker that does not require salt and ice.
An ice cream social is one of my favorite ideas for a summer get-together. Growing up in Louisiana, we had a potluck version, and each family made a batch of homemade ice cream.
The following list includes my favorite ice cream recipes and cookbooks to get you started.
Ice Cream Recipes:
Jeni’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream top pick!
Claudia Fleming’s Buttermilk Ice Cream
Ice Cream Cookbooks:
The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home by Jeni Britton Bauer
Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream Book
Is it proper etiquette to ask for ketchup at the table? Take this short quiz and find out the correct answers to commonly asked dining etiquette questions. It's fun and informative! After taking the quiz, brush up on your dinner party etiquette by reading these tips here.
Mya Gelber (Tik Tok): For all things concerning dinner parties, good tunes & your next soirée.
Wishbone Kitchen (Tik Tok): Meredith shows the similarly romanticized dinners she creates as a private chef in the Hamptons.
Pearl Banjurtrungkajorn (Tik Tok): Pearl of the supper club Her Name Is Nala shares candlelit TikTok videos of her life as a dinner party planner in New York City.
Chesapeake Farm to Table is an online farmer’s market of locally grown and produced food. Home delivery is available in Maryland.
Cajou Creamery is a plant-based ice cream company crafting super-premium ice cream using whole superfoods, free from chemicals, artificial flavors, or fillers.
Big Night In is a shop for people who love to eat, cook, and host.
Jenni Kayne has made its way to Maryland. Stop in for all your wardrobe, home, and gifting necessities for the best in California-inspired living.
Here’s a roundup of some of my favorite beauty products.
1. Travel Size Makeup Mirror: The best solution for hotel lighting. It’s about the size of a tablet with soft dimmable lighting. Makeup artists design the product.
2. Living Libations Breast Massage Oil: Living Libations Breast Massage Oil has all the essential oils and other extracts good for the breasts already balanced for you. The massage oil ingredients are broccoli seed, cumin seed, calendula, Saint John’s Wort blossom, frankincense, grapefruit, rose otto, laurel, cypress, yarrow, ylang, and chamomile. There are few companies with ingredients this pure.
Learn a self-breast massage technique that is designed to increase awareness of your breasts. Research also shows a correlation between hypothyroidism/Hashimoto’s and breast tissue abnormality. T3 and T4 indicate how many iodine molecules are present, three or four. Iodine is present in every tissue in the body. When there is insufficient iodine in the breasts, symptoms are fibrocystic breast tissue, breast lumps, and possibly breast cancer. It is also possible to massage away excess estrogen from the breasts.
Put 1-2 drops of Breast Massage Oil on each hand and place your hands under the breasts. Massage inward and upward in a circular motion, slowly covering the entire chest. Use this time to become familiar with how your breasts feel.
Best breast practices include: dry brushing, ensuring excellent nutrition including dietary iodine and magnesium, balanced intestinal flora with fermented foods and probiotics, avoiding aluminum, eating organic, real food, and only caring for your body with authentic, organic botanicals.
Breast Health Resources:
Breast Health Project: This website is designed to educate you to think about your breasts differently and help you to reduce your risk for breast cancer.
Lymphatic Breast Massage Video: Learn the basics of lymphatic breast massage.
The Book of Lymph by Lisa Levitt Gainsley is a guide that explains the health-promoting properties of lymphatic massage, featuring self-massage sequences anyone can do at home. Maintaining a healthy immune system starts with proper Lymph flow. Cleanse and nourish your body from the inside out with the power of lymphatic drainage. I also follow Lisa on Instagram for more tips.
Renegade Beauty by Nadine Artemis is a holistic guide to beauty and wellness. Discover why toxins are so harmful in beauty products and discover the alternatives. The beginning of the book did not interest me, but the rest of the book was information new to me, especially the chapters on breast health, sun exposure, and essential oils.
3. Westman Atelier Bonne Brow Pencil: The Westman Atelier Bonne Brow Pencil is a buildable, firm-yet-smooth formula that comes in four shades. The pencil’s thin, fine angled tip gives you an excellent accurate application whether you want to boost your natural shape subtly or you’re dealing with a patchy, thin, over-plucked brow situation.
4. Calmish Shape Body Gua She Rose Quartz: The Calmish Shape Body Gua Sha is designed for reducing cellulite and tightening loose skin on the thighs, butt, legs, belly, and arms. The long textured side reduces adhesions within the superficial facia layers, and the 3 waved top side works on the deeper facia layers. The smooth side is for classic body Gua Sha techniques and lymphatic drainage.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR GUA SHA BODY MASSAGE
Improves blood circulation
Supports lymphatic drainage
Promotes a healthy vital glow to the skin
Promotes skin renewal
Improves muscle tone
It gives you softer, smoother, and firmer skin
Reduces pain, tension, and accumulation of cellulite
More flow and energy in the body (Qi)
5. Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Beach Balm Sun Protection: This is my favorite sun protection. Zinc oxide is an excellent option as a sunblock. It is a white, inorganic compound created from metallic zinc. Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Beach Balm is ideal for travel. It’s a roll-on balm, so you don’t have to worry about the contents leaking out in your luggage or beach bag. Living Libations uses a non-nano particle, uncoated, pharmaceutical-grade zinc oxide. Unlike nano-particle minerals and chemical sunblocks, zinc doesn’t interfere with the health or respiration of the skin. The molecular size of zinc particles is too large to be absorbed by the skin. Instead, it sits on top and absorbs sun rays, protecting the skin.
6. Bdellium Makeup Brush Cleaner: This is the best brush cleaner because it includes a makeup mat inside the container.
How to use:
Wet brushes in warm water. Squeeze out excess water and lay the brush flat to dry. Swirl in soap to a lather. Work the bristles of your brush back and forth on the silicone cleaning pad (located in the cap) to remove makeup residue. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Allow soap to dry completely before storing away.
7. Iles Formula Finishing Serum: Iles Formula Finishing Serum is a lightweight serum that gives you a killer blowout without weighing down your hair. This paraben-free formula creates a screen against UV rays, humidity, and free radicals: strengthening hair, helping repair split ends, and preventing color fade. I like to use a little after blowing out my hair to smooth flyaways and seal the ends. I’m not too fond of how products weigh my fair down. This serum is undetectable to me.
8. Chunks Hair Clips: Chunks Hair Clips are my new favorite hair accessory. The Jumbo Claws hold a ton of hair and are super cute.
9. LeMieux Cosmetics Ionized Oxygen Infuser: The LeMieux Cosmetics Ionized Oxygen Infuser is an oxygenating infuser that dispenses an ultra-fine, line-filling mist for instant volume and hydration. The device works with Oh My Glow Activator and Oh My Glow Serum to instantly give you a healthy glow. It works great. The proof was several people asked me what I was using on my face.
10. Mavala Nail Polish Remover Pads: These pads are packed in a handy plastic container of 30 pads. They are acetone-free. It also cuts down on packing liquids.
11. Dyson Hair Flyaway Supersonic Hair Dryer Attachment: The Dyson Hair Flyaway Supersonic Hair Dryer Attachment attachment works with the Dyson Super Sonic Hair Dryer to hide flyaways in one pass for a smooth, shiny finish.
12. Living Libations Goodnight Oil: Living Libations Goodnight Oil: I use this oil at night on my brows and lashes overnight to help my brows and lashes to grow longer and fuller. Goodnight Oil is created with jojoba for moisture, prickly pear for deep hydration, castor oil for clarification, frankincense oil to lift and tone, and myrrh to fortify brows and lashes.
Favorite Blogs and Websites for Entertaining
Magnolia Stripes Check out her Hosting Tips and How-Tos Guides
Social Studies Pro-tips for hosts looking for entertaining inspo: head to The Social where you’ll find loads of playlists, recipes and party hacks. Because life should be celebrated!
Best Ice Cream & Gelato Scoop Shops
Here's a list of the best ice cream shops in the U.S. and a few international destinations.
1. Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream Columbus, Nashville, Atlanta, St. Louis, Charleston, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Washington D.C.: Jeni's is my favorite ice cream!
Click here for Jeni’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream recipe. For more of Jeni’s delicious ice cream recipes, pick up a copy of Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home and Jeni’s Splendid Desserts.
Visit Jeni’s Ice Cream for online ordering, scoop shop locations, and where to buy by the pint in other states.
Must-order: Cold Brew with Coconut Cream
*GF menu *V menu
2. Bi-Rite Creamery San Francisco: The lines are really long at Bi-Rite, but it's worth the wait! The best flavor is the Salted Caramel.
Click here for the salted caramel ice cream recipe. For more recipes, check out Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones: 90 Recipes for Making Your Own Ice Cream and Frozen Treats from Bi-Rite Creamery.
Must-order: Salted Caramel *V *GF menu
3. Lick Austin and San Antonio: The attention to quality ingredients makes Lick ice cream so tasty. The ice cream is made without using any preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial colors or flavors. I love the non-dairy flavors.
Must-order: Texas Sheet Cake *V *GF menu
4. Amy's Ice Cream Austin, Dallas, and Houston: Amy's is a hip Texas ice cream chain. Many employees of Amy's will do "tricks" with the ice cream as they prepare it and before the customer receives it. These tricks include, but are not limited to, throwing ice cream scoops under the leg, behind the back, and over people.
Must-order: Mexican Vanilla *V *GF menu
5. Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream Houston & New York City: Pastry chef Nicholas Morgenstern traded high-end restaurants for his own ice cream parlor, where he whips cream to order and fills cones with burnt honey vanilla and Szechuan peppercorn chocolate. There are five types of chocolate, three caramels, three coffees, and five vanillas on the menu. The ice cream is eggless, has relatively low sugar, and also relatively low butterfat, and tastes AMAZING!
Must-order: Bourbon Vanilla *GF *V menu
6. Humphry Slocombe San Francisco: I love the creative flavors at Humphry Slocombe. If you can't make it to San Fransico, pick up a copy of the Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream Book.
Must-order: Blue Bottle Vietnamese Coffee, Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple, Secret Breakfast (Bourbon and Cornflake Ice Cream) *GF menu
7. Ici Berkley: Ici is run by a former chef from Alice Water's famous restaurant, Chez Panisse. The homemade cones are amazing! They're made fresh and have a crispy-waffle-cookie-like texture.
Must-order: Chicory-Chocolate Chip and the Rose Pistachio *GF menu
8. McConnell's Fine Ice Creams Los Angeles, Studio City, and Santa Barbara: McConnell’s uses a high-precision process called French pot, which churns ice cream very slowly in an enclosed system and eliminates the need for stabilizers. What you end up with is a particularly lush, creamy ice cream with a light mouthfeel.
Must-order: Turkish Coffee and the Double Peanut Butter Chip *GF menu
9. Gran Caffe L'Aquila Philadelphia: The gelato is made by Stefano Biasini, an international gelato champion from Italy.
10. Franklin Fountain is an old-fashioned ice cream parlor that I also recommend in Philadelphia.
Must order: Teaberry and the Hydrox Cookie *V *GF menu *Cash only
11. Salt and Straw Portland Oregon, Los Angeles, Disney, Bay Area, Miami, Seattle: Salt & Straw is a chef-driven ice cream kitchen that partners with local artisans, producers, and farmers to create delicious handmade ice cream. The company started in Portland, OR. Meet the co-founder, Kim Malek here.
Must-order: Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons and the Almond Brittle *GF menu
12. Ample Hills Creamery Brooklyn and Manhattan: Brian Smith and Jackie Cuscuna are the husband-and-wife team behind Brooklyn’s wildly successful Ample Hills Creamery. The ice creams at Ample Hills are creative and delicious.
Must-order: Salted Crack Caramel and It Came From Gowanus *GF *V menu
Here's the recipe for the popular Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream. For more recipes, pick up a copy of Ample Hills Creamery: Secrets and Stories from Brooklyns Favorite Ice Cream Shop.
13. Misi Brooklyn, New York: The star of the show at Misi's is the house-made gelato.
Must-order: Olive Oil & Pistachio
14. Sticky Sweet Portland, Maine: The best plant-based ice cream you've ever tasted.
Must order: The gluten-free waffle cone.
15. Berthillon Paris: If you have only one ice cream cone in Paris, make sure it comes from Berthillon. Berthillon's best includes; caramel-ginger, spéculos, praline amaretto, pistachio, and several varieties of chocolate!
16. Buonocore Gelateria Pasticceria Gastronomia e Tavola Calda Capri: The smell of homemade gluten-free waffle cones baking lures you in from the sidewalk, and the rotating selection of seasonal gelato flavors never disappoints.
Must-order: Pangragola (strawberries and cream)
17. Southern Craft Creamery: If you visit the Florida Panhandle, you must try this ice cream!
1. What to do if your flight is canceled.
2. Find out how to get involved with Operation Shower. A wonderful non-profit that hosts baby showers for military families to ease the stresses of deployment.
3. Tracking people via Bluetooth on their phones.
4. Some activities to do in Costa Rica.
5. The man with the golden airline ticket.
6. Why Lyft is better than Uber.
7. Don't put your work email on your personal computer.
8. What does travel insurance actually cost?
9. The best time to buy everything during the year.
10. Why do so many women get celiac disease?
11. How to keep kids safe when traveling.
12. The new ways your boss is spying on you.
13. Inflammation plays a critical role in determining how we digest food.
14. 36 hours in Naples, Italy.
15. How to host a tea party at home.
16. 7 great ideas to decorate your table for your next outdoor party.
17. How to host a weekly casual dinner with friends.
18. 7 ways to throw a great summer party.
19. 10 outdoor party hacks for summer.
20. A must-read interview with Elizabeth Smart.
21. 10 fun things to do when planning your food trip to Paris.
22. 55 productive things to do when you have downtime.
23. A list of what those F1 – F12 keys do.
24. I love the idea of hosting a Pop Up Party.
25. A few thoughts on party exit etiquette.
26. Party planning on a budget.
27. Floral arrangements that don't cost a penny.
28. DIY balloon centerpiece.
29. The ultimate birthday party gift guide.
30. Costco has found immense success by prioritizing the interests of its customers and employees over those of its shareholders.
Resources for Party Planning and Entertaining
1. Roaming Hunger Food Trucks is an invaluable, freakishly user-friendly food truck tracking and booking tool that services the bulk of major U.S. cities.
2. Meri Meri is a stylish online shop for party supplies, stationery, invitations, and partyware.
3. Thumbtack is an online service that essentially functions as a virtual party planner (or a search engine for handymen, tutors, accountants, etc.).
4. Disposable party supplies are meant to make life easier, but more often than not, finding ones that aren’t hideous is hard. Little Miss Party In a Box includes every element from cups, to plates, to decorative accessories is accounted for.
5. Whether it’s a wedding, luncheon, anniversary, or kid’s birthday, Venue Report is a priceless resource if you’re looking to host somewhere other than at home.
6. Photo booths have become regular party staples, but the guys at Smile Booth figured out a way to elevate the experience by way of bigger, glossier formats, GIF-making capabilities, blacklight booths, and custom backgrounds and props. Headquarters are in NYC, but they can easily accommodate more far-flung locations.
7. With warehouses all over the country, Classic Party Rentals is a no-frills but consistently reliable rental resource that specializes in the basics: tables, chairs, tents, lighting, and linens. They’ve been at it for 30 years, so their customer-service game is on point.
8. Paperless Post is an online paper stationery site to design custom cards, invitations, and announcements to send online or on paper.
9. A great site to order party supplies is Oh Happy Day. The Shop offers a large selection of modern and carefully curated goods.
10. Minted features a rich assortment of save-the-dates, menu cards, invites and so much more, all pre-designed by an artist. (They also do fully custom stationery and invites.) Once you’ve picked something you like, you can tweak it to perfection.
11. The Tom Kat Studio is an online shop filled with party inspiration, printable party designs, and sweet party supplies.
12. Bird's Party Magazine is an online and printed publication for all things party featuring party ideas, event styling, recipes, DIY party crafts, cake design, party inspiration, and more fun stuff!
14. The Bring It App makes an event and party planning easier for the organizer. Coordinate WHO is bringing WHAT to your next party, cookout, potluck, or volunteer event!
15. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face.
16. Bargain Balloons offers one of the largest online balloon selections in the world.
17. Prospect Goods on Etsy for cool piñatas.
18. Zurchers sells pretty much everything that you need for a great party, including balloons, tableware, invitations, decorations and favors.
19. Shop Sweet Lulu offers décor for a variety of modern party themes.
20. Table + Teaspoon is a nationwide table setting rental company with the goal of making entertaining accessible for everyone.
21. Social Studies is the at-home hosts secret weapon for everything you need to live and entertain, well.
22. Casamia specializes in curating everyday tablescapes and table decor to help Party People host seamlessly.
23. Hauste is a company that primarily produces and sells “Hauste Its,” downloadable dinner party guides. Hauste’s guides go for $16 or $26 depending on the gathering; pasta night for two requires less guidance and effort than Thanksgiving. Either way, it offers a shopping list, menu, recipes, playlist, design inspiration, checklists, and in some cases, templates for name cards or invites. Tasks are broken down into the days and minutes leading up to the meal, even including small touches like lighting a candle in the bathroom and putting on music from a provided Spotify code right before guests arrive.
24. Into the Sauce sells dinner party conversation cards, which it also promotes frequently on TikTok.
Tartine Bakery's famous carrot cake recipe. *GF
The ultimate chocolate chip peanut butter bars.
These white chicken enchiladas are simple and delicious.
Make this spinach avocado salad with cilantro parmesan dressing for lunch this week.
10 Secrets for Great Conversation
1. Show a Real Interest
Pay attention to the person you are talking with, ask questions, and have the other person elaborate when appropriate. Avoid checking your phone.
2. Use the Magic Words: "Tell Me"
Avoid closed questions that can be answered with a simple "yes" or "no."
3. Say the Other Person's Name
Dale Carnegie once said, "A person's name is to that person the sweetest, most important sound in any language. Make sure not to look past the other person's shoulder to see who else you could talk to at the event.
4. Agree heartily, Disagree Softly
Tolerance and respect for others, especially when they disagree with you, are vital to successful networking and friendships.
5. Talk Less; Listen More
Nod, make eye contact, and be fully engaged. Don't limit your conversation to one individual.
6. Don't Interrupt or Change the Subject
Always give the other person time to finish their thought before you respond.
7. Give Genuine Compliments
Make someone smile and feel special with genuine words of encouragement.
8. Don't Limit Your Conversation to One Individual
Look around and see who you can engage in conversation.
9. Avoid Eating and Drinking at the Same Time
You'll look too busy and will not be able to shake someone's hand.
10. Don't Make Jokes at the Expense of Others
It's not gentlemanly or ladylike.
Books for Event Planning & Entertaining
1. Sunday Suppers: Recipes and Gatherings by Kathleen Mordechai is a collection of intimate gatherings photographed across the country. They are small and more intimate gatherings for 4-6 people. I love that the recipes are beautiful and inspiring but at the same time super attainable and not overly fussy.
2. Palm Beach Entertaining: Creating Occasions to Remember by Annie Falk
3. Hamptons Entertaining: Creating Occasions to Remember by Annie Falk
4. Camille Styles Entertaining: Inspired Gatherings and Effortless Style by Camille Styles
5. Around the Table: Recipes and Inspiration for Gatherings Throughout the Year by Martina McBride
6. Taming the Feast: Chef Ben Ford's Field Guide to Adventurous Cooking by Ben Ford
7. Gatherings: Bringing People Together With Food is a beautiful cookbook full of helpful tips for real get-togethers by Jan Scott and Julie Van Rosendaal.
8. The Auntie Em's Cookbook: A Musician's Guide to Breakfast and Brunch by Theresa C. Wahl
9. The Butler's Guide to Running the Home and Other Graces by Stanley Ager
10. Everyday Entertaining by Elizabeth Van Lierde
11. Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over by Alison Roman
30A Florida Travel Guide
I'm letting you in on a little secret today. I'm sharing my favorite vacation destination in Florida. It's the beautiful beachside towns along Florida's Scenic Highway 30A between Ft. Walton Beach and Panama City Beach Florida. The beachside towns include Dune Allen, Gulf Place, Blue Mountain Beach, Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Grayton Beach, Seagrove, Alys Beach, Watersound, and Water Color. Each has guidelines against high-rises and hotels, making it an ideal location to rent a beach house for the week. It’s great for families and a bachelorette weekend. For those of you who are looking for a relaxing getaway, clean beaches, blue water, friendly people, shopping, beautiful rental homes, bike rides, food trucks, farmers markets, and live music, you will love visiting 30A.
Here's some info on how to get there, where to stay, eat, and things to do.
Cottage Beach Rentals
Watercolor Inn & Resort
360 Blue Rentals
Beach & Brew 30A
2 Birds Coffee & Cafe
The Red Bar
Neat Bottle Shop
Modica Market snacks and drinks for the beach or a picnic
Patchoulis gift & beauty boutique
For the Health of It organic grocery & juice bar
Gray Malin 30A Prints
The Seaside Style
Runsup running and paddle board
Love to Run
Patchouli’s women’s boutique
Alys Shoppe women’s boutique
Willow & Mercer
Gigi’s Fabulous Kids & Toys
Becasa women’s boutique
Faherty men’s clothing
The Hidden Lantern Bookstore
Tidwell & Sons clothing & accessories men & boys
ExVoto Vintage jewelry
Margaret Ellen Bridal
Raw and Juicy
Cafe 30 A
The Donut Hole
2 Birds Coffee & Cafe
Grace Pizza & Shakes
Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar
Nanbu Noodle Bar
The Truman Show House
Seaside Post Office
Natural Beauty Spa
Relax Day Nails
Frostbites Hawaiian shaved ice
LoLoba's Bakery delicious cinnamon rolls *gluten-free items
Blue Mountain Bakery *GF menu
Rosemary Beach Tennis Club
Fired Up Pottery
Seaside Farmer's Market
Santa Rosa Farmer's Market
Eden Garden's State Park
Grayton Beach State Park
Coastal Dune Lakes sunset
St. Andrews State Park
Camp Helen State Park
Eden Gardens State Park
Sunshine 30A Trolley
The closest airport to Seaside is Panama City Beach, Florida. It's about 30 minutes away from 30A. Sunshine Shuttle provides service to any of the beach towns in 30A.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below if you have any questions.
You May Have Missed:
If you enjoyed this edition, please consider sharing it with your friends!
P.S. In case you missed last week’s newsletter with Packing Tips, Summer Reading & Washington, D.C. travel, check out the archives.
Marla you did it again- you wrote the best newsletter on Substack! I’m still going through your ideas from the last one and now will be trying everything you recommend on this one. I want your newsletter printed on glossy paper like the magazines I used to love to read cover to cover in the summer and dog ear pages. Your work is a treasure!
Emily, Thank you so much! Coming from a talented journalist, your kind words mean so much!